Hardwood flooring is surely a great investment for our house since almost everyone likes it. Having hardwood flooring inside our house means that it will not only provide us with beautiful look but also the investment for future just in case you have any plan for selling the house. So, when it comes to hardwood, it requires special treatment so that it will not lose its sparks and will last longer. The case will be different if you have old hardwood flooring. To make it look beautiful again we will need to refinish it. How to refinish hardwood floors? Let’s check it out.
– Get the floor buffet set up with the heavy screening pad. Get the machine started and the moved along the floor with the floorboards’ direction. Get the existing finish’s top layer taken off across the room in courses.
– Next, get it vacuumed thoroughly for removing all of the dust.
– Get your buffer loaded with the medium screening pad then get your floor screened again in the same way like before and then vacuum it again for taking off the dirt and dust.
– Get the floor screened for the third time to get smooth and flat surface. Vacuum again thoroughly.
– Next, Get polyurethane coat applied using paintbrush. Try not to create bubbles when applying this coat. The coat is aimed for protecting the hardwood floors which have been refinished.
– Leave the polyurethane coat to dry for about 6 hours. Then after it has dried, get it sanded again with extra-fine sandpaper for dulling the surface. Then get the floor vacuumed again.
– Get the 2nd coat of polyurethane applied and repeat the same process like before. Wait for it to dry and then voila, you have refinished your hardwood floors.